Apply for this job
||Supply chain Manager/Commercial Manager
Supply Chain Manager/Commercial Manager
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage a Commercial Manager to join them at their site a HPC Bridgwater. You will be commercially responsible, on any contract assigned to you, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract on the HPC project.
Reporting to a Senior Supply Chain Manager or Supply Chain Lead, you will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £0-£100m in value subject to level of risk or complexity. You will typically lead a commercial team of up to 10 people
Nature and Scope
The Supply Chain Manager is an important role within the HPC Commercial Group with accountability to the Senior Supply Chain Manager for the successful commercial administration of one or more contracts. As such the Supply Chain Manager is empowered to make decisions around the Principle Accountability areas, under the overall guidance of the Senior Supply Chain Manager and in accordance with delegated levels of authority.
You will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contract/s assigned to you and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within HPC to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered.
• The day to day management of Supply Chain Assistants under your control
• Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement phase (pre-award)
• Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award)
• Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out)
• Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with HPC governance requirements to meet HPC Project and business objectives
• Professional development of self and people within the team
• Responsible for ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities are implemented in accordance with HPC Commercial Procedures
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is (Essential)
• Educated to degree level (Essential)
• Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Possesses skills to act as deputy
• Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
• Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Track record with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework
Additional information about the process
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC – Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
I can be contacted on 01628 566112 or Amanda.McLaren@capita.co.uk where we can talk further or simply apply via the website.