Apply for this job
||Senior Research Manager (Part Time)
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
Responsible for obtaining solutions in specified areas of expertise in support of internal end-users’ needs (Siting, Waste Management and development of the generic disposal system).
What will you be doing?
• Key Competencies: Cementitious materials and their evolution, other backfill materials and their evolution, Wasteforms for ILW/LLW, Wasteform Evaluation
• Accountable for obtaining solutions (including scientific knowledge and modelling) by acting as intelligent customer for specified areas of RWM’s research programme as appropriate to the post and as defined by the competencies.
• Responsible for research input to disposability assessments, in accordance with RWM procedures.
• Responsible for scientific liaison with University Departments, industry wide scientific fora and scientific institutes.
• Accountable for acting as technical authority and providing authoritative advice and input to RWM in the post-holder’s areas of expertise, this may include interactions with the regulators and other key stakeholders.
• Accountable for interpretation of research outcomes and translating these into advice to other RWM departments.
• Responsible for providing focused technical support to the critical business areas of Waste Management and / or the GDF Siting Project.
• Responsible for acting as a senior representative at national and international scientific fora and events, as appropriate to the post-holder’s scientific discipline.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and communicating RWM’s scientific knowledge in specified areas and for ensuring that the knowledge database in these areas remains accessible and its relevance to future work is well-defined.
• Responsible for understanding the content and relevance of overseas research programmes to RWM’s safety case and engineering interests.
What you’ll need to have
• Chartered membership status in relevant professional institute.
• Expert in the science of relevance to the evolution of cement-based engineered barrier systems and wasteform for low-heat generating waste.
• Understanding of the needs of the disposal system safety case and the scientific basis for disposal of radioactive waste.
• Knowledge of the form, hazard and characteristics of higher activity radioactive wastes.
• Effective communication of technical aspects to either a specialist or non-technical audience.
• Proven ability to influence collaborative and contracted projects to gain the requisite outcomes
Additional information about the process
Senior Research Manager (Part Time)
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07599548238
This vacancy has been deemed inside of scope IR35.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.