Apply for this job
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage a Commercial Lead to join them at their site a HPC Bridgwater. As Commercial Lead – Main Civil Works Contract is responsible for managing a commercial team in the successful delivery of all pre and post contract commercial issues.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Lead - Civils and providing commercial services to the Programme Director and Programme Manager. You will be the primary point of commercial contact for the portfolio of contracts and required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within HPC to ensure that the requirements of the Project and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered. You will contribute to the multi-disciplinary team as a Senior Management Team Member. You will typically lead a commercial team of 10-30 people.
• Lead the development of the contract strategy and the proposed procurement route for all contracts.
• Negotiate terms and conditions ensuring HPC commercial position is protected and that any amendments are compliant with governance.
• Develop a procurement and commercial team appropriate to the scale and phase of the contract/portfolio of contracts.
• Responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts in accordance with contract requirements (NEC3 and FIDIC) and corporate governance; to include, but without limit to, Notices and Instructions, Applications, Invoicing and Payment, Variations and Changes, Disputes and Claims, Delays, Extensions of Time, Force Majeure and Liquidated Damages, Bonds and Guarantees, Progress Monitoring and Financial Reviews.
• Manage all commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with the contract conditions and Commercial Procedures.
• Develop an Application for Payment process which meets governance and the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop a Programme commercial review process which examines and evaluates all commercial and contract matters, Lead and be responsible for the output of such review process.
• Develop a function commercial review process and act as a Senior Member of same testing and challenging the veracity of the commercial reports.
• Member of the Programme Board and represent Supply Chain on the Programme Board.
• Direct and advise on all matters of change. Member of Programme Change Board.
• Attend and lead Programme review meetings.
• Lead on all matters of commercial governance, to include, but without limit to, Gateway Reviews, Hold Points, PRODEM, CODEM.
• Prepare papers and present matters to the Project and Holdco Boards.
• Lead on all matters of commercial risk. Recommend mitigating actions on all commercial risk events at the earliest possible time.
• Liaise with Project Controls and direct on Budget, Forecast, Progress, Cost, Outturn Cost.
• Lead the provision of information to Programme and Project Audits by internal and external parties.
• Lead on all matters of the resolution or prosecution of matters of claims, disputes or differences.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to include, but without limit to, Finance, Legal, PMO, Executive, CVAT Credit Risk.Manage Contractor commercial relationships, in particular liaise with the Contractor Senior Management to promote the achievement of all Project goals.Engage with, and gain the professional respect the UK Regulators.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• Member of the RICS or equivalent professional body is essential.
• Educated to degree level is essential
• Able to demonstrate an extensive track record of working as part of a Project Senior Management Team and managing Commercial Teams and administering successful multi billion pound contracts.
• Effective Commercial Management and Leadership skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies in the UK environment.
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of high financial value.
• Proven understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
• Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
• Proven experience with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy.
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
• Good understanding of UK and international supply chain management.
Additional information about the process
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC – Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
I can be contacted on 01628 566112 or Amanda.McLaren@capita.co.uk where we can talk further or simply apply via the website.