Apply for this job
||30000.00-40000.00 GBP per year
The purpose of the job is to supervise the safe delivery of physical work.
The Job Holder will be responsible for supervising the safe, secure, and environmentally compliant work by SQEP individuals, intervening if appropriate. The Job Holder must be aware of the legal implications for the role and the scope and boundaries of the task being carried out.
The Job Holder will:
• To efficiently supervise the safe, secure, and environmentally compliant work within the bounds of the safety operating envelope (such as safety case), ensuring that tasks are carried out by competent personnel in line with the requirements defined in MAN2003.
• Manage and monitor contractor performance.
• Ensure that any revisions to relevant processes and legislation are assimilated into working practise.
• Review/prepare safe system of work documentation.
• Review work and apply STOP as appropriate.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
• Assist in project progress reporting.
• Assist in programme statusing.
• Participate in work scope and hazard reviews, work scheduling and interactions.
• Contribute to the preparation of handover documentation and support project handover.
• Report and investigate abnormal conditions, unusual occurrences and failures and take appropriate action to protect personnel and the environment as defined in PRC 0001.
• Act as Building Supervisor in facilities.
• Participate in site emergency response and exercises as required.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Prior to appointment all Project Supervisors must be appointed to, Permit Receiver, Risk Assessor, Local Incident Controller, and for areas with Local Rules, RPS.
• Manage staff as a Line Manager.
Must have construction experience, supervising project work
Closing Date: Wednesday 8 January 2020
Contract Duration: Contract to 27 June 2020
Additional information about the process
Title: Project Supervisor
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000 per annum PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.com
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.