Apply for this job
||Master Planning Process Manager
||19.71-19.71 GBP per hour
Master Planning Process Manager
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria
Rate: £19.71 PAYE (In scope of IR35)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
The purpose of this role is to support the Spatial Planning capability through integration of delivery focused functions, processes and workflows, whilst developing new ways of working. This will include the ongoing development of “fit for purpose” process and procedures to meet both internal and external requirements (legal compliance/regulator expectations).
To give context to this role, the spatial planning capability are the first port of call when a new fixture is required on site, this could be as small as a temporary w/c to a new building or plant. This will involve dealing with many different stakeholders at all levels of seniority, both internally and externally.
• Reviewing internal and customer requirements and making sure they can be met.
• Developing and establishing enterprise wide & project specific procedures, standards and specifications.
• Working closely within both the Master Planning Tactical Team and the wider Spatial Planning community to enable under-pinned decision making.
• Periodic reviews of compliance.
• To deputize for the lead role as designated in succession planning.
• To support the business to enable future land and infrastructure is well managed to maximise opportunity and minimise risk to the business.
Authorities & Dimensions
• To work on own initiative and to prioritise accordingly with guidance from the Master Planning Tactical Lead.
• Effective implementation, review of process, procedures standards and assurance requirements to drive an end to end spatial planning process.
• Ensuring the enterprise & project specific process, procedures and work instructions are documented, controlled and communicated effectively.
• Reviewing and monitoring adherence to the enterprise & project specific process, procedures and work instructions.
Essential Experience / Skills
• Significant experience in a similar role, managing the assurance aspects of complex, cross functional engineering & construction projects. This would suit a civils background, does not have to be a manager level (can be a technician with a breadth of experience in the other areas mentioned below)
Must be security cleared already or be eligible to go through the clearance process.
• Appreciation of other work disciplines, such as project and stakeholder management
• Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
• SQEP in the use of GIS as management of spatial data is a key element to this role.
• Significant track record of successful work.
• A self-motivated people person looking to expand their understanding and influence in both strategic and tactical areas of the business.
• Keen eye for detail and able to operate in a tactical environment with rapid change.
• Able to embrace digital technologies and methodologies.
• Able to hold others to account and develop plans in collaboration with a varied multifunctional team.
• Prioritise their own work as needed dependent on capability priorities.
• Ability to work with stakeholders and key contacts at all levels of the business.
• Knowledge, experience and use of Master Planning processes
• Knowledge, experience and use of Land Register processes
• Knowledge, experience and use of Building Register processes
• Knowledge, experience and use of Mapping processes
• Significant experience in a similar role i.e. Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Communications, Engineering/Construction.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.