Apply for this job
Based - Barrow Marine Terminal or Risley, Warrington or Whitehaven, Cumbria – Permanent - £negotiable
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE: SC
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for supporting the Senior Marine Manager in the management of the PNTL Ship Management Contract and other related contracts.
Support to management of marine transport planning; support to management, assurance and delivery of marine transports and associated projects.
This includes set up and administration of the contract processes in accordance with the agreed contract; monitoring and driving improvements in contract performance; and processing and validation of accounts.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to Senior Marine Manager, Shipping Directorate
SCOPE OF JOB
To support the management of the ship management contract and ensure vessel/crew availability
To support sales and operational planning of sea transports
To support management and delivery of marine transports, including assurance of transport requirements
DIMENSION AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Support management of ship management budget in accordance with current delegations and approval processes and act as Superintending Officer for ship management and Japanese Agency contracts; act as Senior Marine Manager deputy as needed.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The role requires an individual with good project and/or contract management experience, which might be demonstrated through experience of a significant role in the management a large project or contract.
Typical qualifications, experience and skills required are:
• Recognised professional engineering and/or marine qualification, or equivalent
• Membership of a relevant professional organisation
• Excellent experience/knowledge/understanding of marine/ship management operations
• Excellent experience/knowledge/understanding of project/contract management of a significant project or contract
• Excellent experience/knowledge/understanding of marine safety management
• Good experience/knowledge/understanding of RAM transport operations/site management and marine operations/regulations.
• Demonstrable ability to work across and build effective relationships across the company, PNTL and Ship Management Company, and with customers to enable successful delivery
• Track record of driving suppliers to improve performance
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Support organisation and administration of the ship management contract inclusive variations, KPIs and other matters
Ensuring robust financial control and forecasting Support sales and operational planning, including Sales and Operational Meeting management, production on integrated planning schedules, asset preparedness statements, business opportunity roadmaps
Managing the overall portfolio of transport projects to ensure appropriate coordination, consistent implementation and delivery with support of the Assistant Terminal Manager and Estimating and Planning department
Project management of project(s) to meet/exceed agreed objectives in accordance with agreed processes and systems.
Manage the Japanese Agency Contract and support organisation and administration of the Physical Protection contracts
Reporting and investigation of vessel events/incidents
Support the Physical Protection systems on board Risk management
Deputy to the Senior Marine Manager as required.
Additional information about the process
Manage own workload, including time and deadline management.
Manage own performance including self-development.
Undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required.
Be expected to support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives
Be required to be on-call out of hours on a rota as part of this role.