Apply for this job
||Plant Engineer (Nuclear Site)
||Hinkley Point A
Plant Engineer (Nuclear Site) – PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT- £salary negotiable – Base location - Hinkley Point A, with travel to Berkeley Centre, Oldbury and OTC
Purpose of the role
- To provide safety, compliance, infrastructure and project support by supervising the operation of Plant items in accordance with legislative requirements and Company Procedures.
- Control plant operating status and plant configuration (defuelling sites only).
- Operate the Plant in accordance with Site Licence requirements, ensuring that the plant is operated within defined operating limits and routine testing carried out to the required programme.
- Understand the existing plant operating status and expected plant operating requirements.
- Identify problems arising on plant and ensure that they are investigated and remedial actions put in place.
- Prepare and issue safety documents in accordance with Company safety rules.
- Maintain compliance at all times with the Nuclear Site Licence and other statutory requirements.
- Actively support and encourage the use of Conduct of Operations & Human Performance Error Prevention Tools.
- Prepare and write reports on specific events or special projects, as required, and ensure that information is provided to meet operational experience feedback requirements.
- Conduct general inspections of the plant. Ensure positive identification of hazards and risk assessments around the site and for work activities.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and any remedial action carried out in a timely manner to the site standards
- The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission.
- An HNC or higher or National Qualifications Framework, level 5, in an appropriate engineering discipline
- DAP, Duly Authorised Person and SAP, Senior Authorised Person.
- Full training for both of these authorisations will be given to the successful candidate.
- Length of training will be dependent on previous experience with Magnox Safety Rules and site familiarity, and could be up to 18 months before being ready to work on the staggered pattern.
Experience / Knowledge
- Sufficient knowledge of the operational aspects of Mechanical, Electrical and Control and Instrument Engineering, Thermodynamics, Health Physics and Chemistry
- Thorough knowledge of Company Procedures, Safety Rules and the relevant statutory requirements for operation of the Site
- The post holder may require experience of the operation of conventional power plant and of reactor plant.
SQEP: Specific mandatory requirements for this role
- Must have HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Consideration would be given to applicants with experience in a maintenance or operations environment specifically relating to Safe Systems of Work and/or Electricity at Work Regulations, and/or a relevant Health Physics background.
- Will start on 4 x 9.25 hour days, Mon - Thurs, 07:25 – 17:00 including 20 minutes unpaid lunch each day
- Once trained, will potentially move to three day stagger, 12 hours and 20 minutes unpaid lunch each day (06:20 – 18:40), covering Mon - Fri, with one 8 hour 'spare' every 8 weeks.
Additional information about the process
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.