Apply for this job
||Senior Project Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
About the role:
Higher activity radioactive wastes are produced as a result of the generation of electricity in nuclear power stations, from the associated production and processing of the nuclear fuel, from the use of radioactive materials in industry, medicine and research, and from military programmes.
Radioactive Waste Management (RWM) provides support to the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) through upstream optioneering initiatives. This involves working proactively with waste owners to realise opportunities for the optimisation of the geological disposal system in combination with earlier phases of the waste management lifecycle in order to minimise factors such as safety and environmental impacts, hazard, cost, risk and volume of waste to be managed in a geological disposal facility
Project and Programme management has grown in both size and maturity over the last 12 months at RWM with the uplift of a new Programme Directorate. RWM is starting out on its journey of delivering multiple complex change programmes of which the Programme Directorate is leading, aligning and driving the other deliver and enabling directorates to transform the performance of their project-delivery by being the centre of excellence in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management (P3M) in order to manage delivery and maximise the benefits that can be realised.
The Programme Directorate is seeking driven and talented senior project managers who thrive in challenging environments to join our Programme Directorate Team. We will expect you to take responsibility for defining governance in support of our delivery of the major projects and programmes as well as working alongside RWM colleagues to deliver in complex and challenging environments.
In this Senior Project Management role at RWM you’ll be given the opportunity to work on some of the most interesting challenges and programmes in the nuclear sector.
You will be trusted to work across the whole development lifecycle for RWM, offering a rare opportunity to gain broad experiences with a range of world class stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent theoretical project and programme management knowledge and related qualifications
• Extensive experience of designing and delivering projects and programmes in a range of public and private sector environments
• P3M design and build experience, plus supporting P3M capability build
• P3M assurance /audit
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - consultative and collegiate style
• Problem solving and wider stakeholder management skills – change management mindset
• Drive and motivation to do the right thing and to succeed, even when it looks tough
• Developing, planning, and implementing a project or programme, whilst delivering the desired outputs to time, cost and quality.
• Defining the project’s governance framework including a monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement and issue management, quality and assurance, information management and resource allocation
• Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks
• Ensuring the appropriate capabilities are employed in the execution of the project, working closely with line managers
• Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information
• Adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities
• Defining tasks and success criteria, working closely with relevant technical leads
• Engaging with relevant customers and stakeholders (both internal and external).
• Experience in delivering circa £5m+ projects and programmes through the end to end project lifecycle
• P3M design and build experience
• Supporting P3M capability build
• P3M assurance /audit
• A strong track record in programmatic change delivery leadership and delivery
• An ability to demonstrate recent successful delivery of the full project life cycle, including quality assurance and financial planning and management
• Evidence of Project control and reporting
• Clear and confident written and verbal presentation skills, able to covey messages to a variety of audiences
• Evidence of forming effective relationships across technical and functional boundaries
• A solid track record in managing complex and sensitive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Additional information about the process
Senior Project Manager
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months
Contact Details: Joanne Anders – firstname.lastname@example.org
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
This contract has been deemed inside of scope IR35