Apply for this job
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||45273.00-45273.00 GBP per year
Job Reference: JANNLBID743
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Working Hours: 39
hours per week
Location: Birchwood, Warrington
Contact: Natalie Mohamed 07548712554 / email@example.com
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
Bid leadership through the coordination of securing opportunities with new and existing customers both within the UK and overseas. This includes the development of robust win themes to create value to NNL and its customers.
The nature of bidding in the NNL context can mean that we are often reactive, so the challenge is to be able to pick up something at short notice and run with it. The role requires the ability to engage stakeholders and build strong collaborative relationships and requires the ability to influence and persuade.
Responding to bids/proposals can be highly variable with large peaks which, at times, requires the ability to be able to juggle a considerable workload.
At all times the Bid Manager must act as a role model for NNL’s values and behaviours.
• Responsibility for preparing bids to time cost and quality in accordance with the procedure and ensuring continuous improvement through the bid lifecycle
• Ensuring adherence to governance
• Leadership and coordination of virtual bid teams
• Development of robust win themes and ability to articulate the customer value derived from NNL capabilities (people, facilities, equipment)
• Support to Delivery Organisation when preparing and securing proposals under frameworks
• Manage post submission clarifications and ensure that eventual contract acceptance is in accordance with the procedure and governance
• Ensure that the delivery organisation has the necessary information to start the work at handover
• Responsible for providing data on bids for metrics and trend reporting
• Support the AD community with their opportunity pipelines and offer advice / guidance on the OP tool to the wider business
Skills / Experience required.
• Proven ability to manage proposals/bids of average complexity and risk to time, cost and quality in line with appropriate corporate governance
• Highly motivated individual with a positive “Can do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to drive the right relationships both internally and externally
• High level of written skills, with the ability to vary style effectively to target audiences with a keen eye for detail, consistency and accuracy
• Commercially focussed with an understanding of the operations which impact a business and how risk is managed optimally for any opposing needs of the Business and Customers
• Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
• Good strategic thinking and leadership skills
• Understanding of, and ability to critically appraise, estimates and programmes
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional information about the process