Apply for this job
||Central and Southern Scotland
||15.62-18.00 GBP per hour
Produce and update drawings for the Site by both manual and electronic means in a timely manner:
• To Create a Drawing through adherence to site processes and procedures to produce an approved, signed drawing that becomes a permanent record
• To update a drawing by similar process as above against pre-existing drawing/s
• Manage Historical Scanned Drawings (35mm aperture cards and microfilms) – if larger than an A3 print is required the Draughtsperson will be required to support
• Registry Database Search – drawings are stored within the electronic Registry Database and the Draughtsperson needs to ensure that the most up-to-date version is available via this medium
• Manage the drawing archive including those identified as controlled copy drawings. This includes Key and Plant Operating Instructions (POI) drawings and Fire Risk Assessment drawings and ensure hardcopy files are maintained at certain key areas around site (e.g. Site Control Room) – this process will be managed by the Draughtsperson
• Carry out efficient operation of the various drawing office equipment and systems
There is 2 large format plotters on site and the Draughtsperson needs to ensure they are supplied with paper, toner and print-heads from the stationery store
• Make additions to the archive drawings as they become available when modifications are undertaken - Similar requirement as detailed above in ‘to update a drawing’
• Conduct information searches on drawings as requested - Search the registry Database and CAD Drawing register by using a title or drawing number to find the appropriate drawing.
• Carry out site inspections and surveys as necessary for drawing updates - this will be in support of Systems Engineers, Project Engineers, and the rest of site
• Support the project teams as required – similar to above
• The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required – I would not necessarily expect this to be part of the role remit
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments - As per site Processes and Procedures
• Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site – through adherence to site Processes and Procedures and look for opportunities for improvement within their sphere of influence
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence - I believe this is a generic statement, however, I would expect a level of technical knowledge to help underpin understanding in support of the requirements of Engineers
• CAD training
• Experience of engineering drawing - preferably covering a range of areas including electrical, C&I, mechanical and civil disciplines
• Knowledge of relevant drawing package(s)
• A good standard of general education to ONC/National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 3
Additional information about the process
Location: West Kilbride
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Salary: 15.62-18.00ph PAYE
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07599548238
This vacancy has been deemed inside of scope IR35.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.