Apply for this job
||Senior Commercial Manager
||650.00-650.00 GBP per day
The Senior Commercial Manager is commercially responsible, on each contract assigned to them, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract(s) on the project. Reporting to a Commercial Lead and Project Manager. The Senior Commercial Manager will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £100-£400m in value subject to level of risk or complexity. The Senior Commercial Manager will typically lead a commercial team of 10 people.
What will you be doing?
• The day to day management of Commercial Managers and/or Commercial Assistants under their control
• Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team
• Providing support to the procurement process during the procurement phase (pre award)
• Managing a team in the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award)
• Managing a team in the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out)
• The delivery of the contract(s) in accordance with NNB governance requirements to meet the Project and business objectives
• Professional development of self and people within the team
• Ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with NNB Commercial Procedures.
What you’ll need to have
• Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is essential
• Educated to degree level is essential
• Experience of working within the Civil Engineering is essential
• Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Possesses skills to act as deputy to the Commercial Lead
• Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
• Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Experience with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
Additional information about the process
Senior Commercial Manager
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Until end of year+
Salary: 650 per day (Umbrella)
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com – 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.