Apply for this job
||Environment Advisor (Radiological)
||Central and Southern Scotland
||50582.00-67331.00 GBP per year
Developing and maintaining the arrangements for compliance with statutory and Company requirements, including EA(S)R 2018 for environmental.
• Provide authoritative advice on environmental.
• Support Best Practical Means (BPM/BAT), Best Practical Environmental Options (BPEO) and ALARP assessments for projects as appropriate.
• Advise on and review routine and non-routine technical surveys and tests to monitor radiological conditions and specification of compliance monitoring to meet legal requirements as appropriate for aerial and liquid discharge authorisations.
• Prepare, advise and comply with documentation to meet environmental requirements at the site (Environmental assessments, Compliance audits etc as appropriate).
• Advise on and develop methods of decontamination and waste minimisation ensuring waste volume and discharges satisfy BPM/BAT as appropriate.
• Advise on the environmental and/or radioactive waste aspects in the preparation of Safety Case submissions, strategy documents and other site and company documents.
• Provide advice to Senior Authorised Persons (NR) on environmental / waste safety requirements as appropriate.
• Assist in the maintenance of the consent under the Environmental Impact (EIAD) regulations, including environmental impact assessments.
• Assist in the maintenance of ISO 14001 certification as appropriate.
• Maintain the required regulatory approvals as appropriate.
• Develop and manage the Site Improvement Plan for environmental management.
• Manage the collection, analysis and reporting of site discharges and radioactive disposals as appropriate ensuring compliance with the site’s Certificate of Authorisation and Compilation of Environment Agency / Scottish Environmental Protection Agency Requirements.
• Carry out team supervision and project management activities as required.
• Ensure personal and professional development and training of EHSS&Q staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
• Ensure effective communication within the Function.
• Monitor performance and take action or provide advice as necessary to maintain environmental standards and improve performance.
• Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
• Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on environmental issues throughout the Site.
• Act for the Site Head of Environment and Radiological Protection.
• The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Undertake baseline roles as required.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Assist with managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects as required for delivery of the lifetime plan.
• Review and audit of site performance in environmental management.
Educated to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject.
Member of a relevant professional institute
Relevant experience in specialism related roles
Detailed knowledge of the Radioactive Substances Act/ Environmental Permitting Regulations.
Detailed knowledge of International / ISO Standards
Radioactive Waste Advisor Certificate of Competence
Experience at a nuclear site
Additional information about the process
Environment Advisor (Radiological)
Location: Chapelcross, Annan
Salary: 50,582 – 67,331 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238