Apply for this job
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||31793.00-31793.00 GBP per year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Instrument Mechanic Craft Person to join the Laboratory Operations Team within the National Nuclear Laboratory, based at Preston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and compliant delivery of scheduled maintenance, breakdown support and installation of project requirements within the Preston Laboratory.
• Performing routine Engineering, Inspection, Maintenance & Testing on plant and equipment.
• Leading on resolving breakdown and recovery maintenance on plant and equipment.
• Providing support to the installation of project and improvement work.
• Installation, modification and commissioning of electrical equipment.
• Carrying out safe, effective and controlled isolations of electrical plant
• Completing job reporting in accordance with site standards to ensure that a good quality maintenance history is recorded.
• Ensuring that maintenance, breakdown and project tasks are always covered by an appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW) and the requirements and workplace standards are always complied with.
• Actively participate in reviews taking personal action to resolve any issues or shortfalls as required.
• Complying with company & site standards and expectations of behaviour and performance at all times. You must have the confidence to actively challenge others they see not doing so and encourage the behaviours expected.
• Expected to actively encourage team working within the team and coach & mentor colleagues as required.
• Requirement to become a Nominated Person for Electrical Isolations.
• Requirement to work in an active laboratory environment.
• Recognised apprenticeship in an instrumentation control engineering discipline.
• Demonstrable experience in maintenance of process plant and equipment.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and work with maintenance documentation.
• Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
• Team player with effective communication skills.
• Flexible approach to learning new skills and self-development.
• BS7671 18th Edition Qualified
• IOSH Working Safely Certified
• IPAF Mobile Vertical (3a) Mobile Boom (3b) Qualified
• IECEx EX001/EX004/EX007/EX008 Qualified
Additional information about the process
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Salary: £31,793 per annum
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com – 07599548238
This vacancy has been deemed inside of scope IR35.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.