Apply for this job
||Central and Southern Scotland
||42000.00-49000.00 GBP per year
To provide a quality and responsive waste management service for the decommissioning projects and site infrastructure in order to secure compliant disposal of waste volumes and assist the execution of key waste targets delivered from the projects.
• Provision of technical support within the Waste Management organisation.
• To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
• Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
• Provide authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders.
• Carry out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements.
• Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
• Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
• The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
In addition, a Waste Engineer at a site has the following responsibilities:
• Collate technical waste performance information for analysis against waste management performance objectives and schedule for the Life Time Plan.
• Assist in preparation of safety cases under the plant modification procedure.
• Assist in specification of work instruction, documentation and processes.
HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification (NQF Level 5) in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline.
Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management
Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management
Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Certificate
International Movement of Dangerous Goods Certificate
Experience in developing waste inventories together with records management
Additional information about the process
Location: Chapelcross, Annan
Salary: Circa 42-49k per annum + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.