Apply for this job
||Health, Safety, Security, Environmental & Quality Co-ordinator
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||30000.00-30000.00 GBP per year
Radioactive Waste Management (RWM) is working to support and deliver safe and secure approaches to the way we manage radioactive waste. As part of this work, RWM will be leading the delivery of a major infrastructure project called geological disposal for the permanent disposal of radioactive wastes. The project – developed in partnership with willing local communities – will provide growth, jobs and opportunities for more than 100 years.
To support this mission, we are developing the capacity of the ‘HSSEQ’ department who support the development and continuous improvement of the policies and systems that are required to ensure the safety our staff and others, protect the environment and secure our staff and assets.
To help do this, we are looking for someone to join the team to coordinate and support the full spectrum of its health, safety, security, environmental and quality activities. This broad and varied remit will include supporting; the implementation of RWM’s security and safety management processes, the implementation and enhancement of our quality management arrangements, the analysis of performance data, and provision of management information.
• Supporting the development and continuous improvement of HSSEQ arrangements to meet relevant standards; systems, policies, procedures, work instructions and associated arrangements
• Support the development and delivery of departmental induction meetings and training of staff, delivery partners and suppliers
• Support the operation of action tracking and reporting systems.
• Analysis of performance data and creation of periodic reports.
• Support document management and configuration control.
• Support security, HR and departmental representatives to ensure timely initiation of personnel vetting, working closely with the relevant departments in the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
• Case management of vetting applications, appraisals, reviews, aftercare returns and status for staff and contractors.
• Assist with statutory reporting for external organisations and other management reporting.
• Support the operation of the company supply chain security management arrangements
Whilst our ideal candidate will have performed similar duties within a regulated environment, we would like to hear from you if you are a highly organised individual with a clear commitment to accuracy and detail and have experience of developing business processes, managing business information and records and compiling management reports.
Experience of the development and delivery of business processes; management of information and records; and analysis and reporting of performance data.
Good oral and written communication skills, together with a strong level of ICT skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Good organisational skills, with an attention to detail and accuracy, together with good numeracy.
Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of personal information
An appreciation of good practice in HSSEQ, ability to interpret and apply HSSEQ requirements, standards and guidance.
Additional information about the process
Health, Safety, Security, Environmental & Quality Co-ordinator
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary: Circa 30k per annum + excellent benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Contact details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07599 548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.