Apply for this job
||37000.00-51000.00 GBP per year
This company is responsible for safely delivering decommissioning, reprocessing and nuclear waste management activities on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
The company has been nearly 80 years in the making. A pioneer for the UK’s nuclear industry, it supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and developed the ability to safely manage nuclear waste.
Today, the company covers 6 square kilometres and is home to more than 200 nuclear facilities and the largest inventory of untreated nuclear waste in the world.
Now looking for environmental professionals with experience of environmental assessments, monitoring and auditing in high hazard industries. Successful candidates will have several years’ experience, dealing with a range of environmental hazards.
Role holders may be deployed in any part of the business and will play a vital role in advising local area management teams (duty holders) and the workforce on how to operate in line with regulatory and company requirements. Role holders will participate in appropriate meetings and forums, interfacing with stakeholders, customers and regulators as required.
• Assess environmental risks and provide professional environmental advice to Duty Holders in accordance with legislation and site policy & procedures. Produce technical reports and BAT assessments in relation to environmental permit compliance.
• Identify and respond to environmental issues and concerns, providing advice on appropriate measures and controls.
• Undertake inspections, observation and assurance activities to identify and highlight performance gaps, determine root causes and corrective actions in order to improve performance.
• Undertake investigation of incidents and events, ensure corrective actions are taken, and learning opportunities identified and shared.
• Provide support to the EH&S Manager and Duty Holders’ interactions with internal and external regulators and other bodies.
• Identify, support and facilitate environmental improvements programmes and the development of a positive environmental culture.
• Possess an ability to work confidently with a wide range of disciplines and convey key environmental management concepts
• Train, coach, mentor and support other environmental role/duty holders to develop the environmental awareness and competence of the workforce.
• Lead by example, setting environmental standards, championing best practice and encouraging others to demonstrate appropriate EH&S behaviours and promote a positive EH&S culture
• Degree in an Environmental or STEM subject or equivalent with relevant or related experience
• Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. IEMA)
• Experience of Environmental Assessment and/or compliance in a highly regulated industry
• Experience of working within the Nuclear Industry
• Knowledge and experience of Environmental Permitting Regulations (radiological and non-radiological)
• Relevant Chartered Status
• RWA appointment or have acted within cRWA arrangements
• Experience of working with Regulators (E.g. Environment Agency)
Additional information about the process
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
Salary: £37-51k Per Annum
Job Type: Permanent
Contact details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com – 07599 548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.