Apply for this job
||45000.00-45000.00 GBP per year
Consulting and supporting IT in the development and application of projects, policies and processes, IT strategy, systems and programme of work. Managing and coordinating activities and participating in all aspects of the full project and systems lifecycle, ensuring the products implemented add value to the business and contribute to, or influence the strategic direction of the business.
Providing guidance on accessibility, retrievability and protection of electronic information, whilst supporting the transformation of information from one format/medium to another, where appropriate. Understanding the relevant organisational policies and procedures and operating to ensure the information is presented effectively.
Working within business change programmes, assisting/supporting in the preparation of technical plans and providing advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.).
What will you be doing?
• Conducting data analysis techniques in order to identify patterns of activity and conduct root cause analysis
• Providing technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures.
• Contributing to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work, including building and configuration of infrastructure components.
• Implementing agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines. Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure.
• Identifying operational problems and contributing to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
• Providing reports and proposals for improvement, to specialists, users and managers.
• Coordinating content management processes to meet the needs of users.
• Using content publishing systems to manage published content across different channels and taking into account any legal issues related to publishing, including that associated copyright concerns are adequately managed.
• Integrating and co-ordinating internal and external suppliers to achieve agreed service levels and quality standards.
• Applying tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to configuration items.
• Verifying and approving changes ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorised change, diversion and inappropriate use. Ensuring that users comply with identification standards for object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases and templates.
• Performing audits to check the accuracy of information and undertakes any necessary corrective action under direction.
• Applying ethical and robust techniques in the transformation of data from one format/medium to another, in line with organisational policies and procedures and being sensitive to risks around the use of information.
• Developing and co-ordinating plans across multiple suppliers and deliver and communicate those plans.
• Using appropriate methods and a systematic approach in the development, maintenance, control and distribution of quality and environmental standards. Making technical changes to and controls the updates and distribution of quality standards.
• Distributing new and revised standards.
• Applying data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques.
• Carrying out technical delivery and operational activities associated with a technology or group of technologies.
• Understanding the technical aspects of systems development and integration to function.
• Deliveing projects in collaboration with project and programme management
What you’ll need to have
• Be trained at least to ITIL foundation and either appropriate ITIL Intermediate or other appropriate capability training
• Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundations / Computer Science Degree)
• Familiarity with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major Projects and Programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Knowledge of working within a SIAM operating model would be beneficial
• Experience of working in a similar role or environment for at least 3 years. Effective commercial / contract management skills are essential, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Good commercial skills and ability to make sound decisions on matters of financial value
• Understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
• Awareness of business unit policies and processes.
• Experience of working in an IT Function.
Additional information about the process
Data Analyst x4
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 45k per annum + bonus
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07599548238
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.