Apply for this job
||Commercial Manager (Permanent)
||48000.00-60000.00 GBP per year
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Client is an integrated energy company in the United Kingdom, with operations spanning electricity generation and the sale of gas and electricity to homes and businesses throughout the United Kingdom. It employs 13,331 people and handles 5.7 million customer accounts.
The Commercial Manager is commercially responsible, on any contract assigned to them, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract on the client Power Station project.
• Reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager or Commercial Lead and Project Manager
• The Commercial Manager will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £0-£100m in value subject to level of risk or complexity
• The Commercial Manager will typically lead a commercial team of 0-10 people
Responsible and accountable for:
• The day to day management of Commercial Assistants under their control
• Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement phase (preaward)
• Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (postaward)
• Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out) Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with NNB governance requirements to meet project deliverables
• Project and business objectives
• Professional development of self and people within the team
• Responsible for ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with NNB
• Commercial Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Progressing to full membership of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is essential Educated to relevant degree level or have relevant work experience with ability to demonstrate a track record of successful contract administration
• Experience of working within the Civil Engineering is essential
• Effective commercial / contract management skills are essential, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Good commercial skills and ability to make sound decisions on matters of financial value Understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels
• Familiarity with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major Projects and Programme environment; with knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
Additional information about the process
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com –
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.