Apply for this job
||450.00-450.00 GBP per day
The Commercial Manager is commercially responsible, on any contract assigned to them, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract on the project. Reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager or Commercial Lead and Project Manager The Commercial Manager will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £0-£100m in value subject to level of risk or complexity.
What will you be doing?
• Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement phase (pre-award)
• Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award)
• Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out)
• Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with NNB governance requirements to meet company deliverables
• Project and business objectives
• Professional development of self and people within the team
• Responsible for ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with NNB
• Commercial Procedures.
What you’ll need to have
• Progressing to full membership of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is essential
• Educated to relevant degree level or have relevant work experience with ability to demonstrate a track record of successful contract administration
• Experience of working within the Civil Engineering is essential
• Effective commercial / contract management skills are essential, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Good commercial skills and ability to make sound decisions on matters of financial value
• Understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels
• Familiarity with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major Projects and Programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
Additional information about the process
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Until end of year+
Salary: 450 per day (Umbrella)
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com – 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.