Apply for this job
||Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
||15.00-15.69 GBP per hour
Position: Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
Reference: CBSJP00004986Location: Winfirth, Dorset
Rate: £15.69 p/h
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: email@example.com / 07548 712 554
Mechanical Maintenance Fitter required for Nuclear licenced site in Dorset, a great opportunity to work as part of a team enhancing and developing your Mechanical Maintenance skills and experience.
You be a time served Mechanical apprentice or equivalent with experience of mechanical maintenance activities, general fitting and installation.
Knowledge of vent systems, pneumatics, hydraulics and robotics desirable. Experience and or understanding of working in radiological and Asbestos controlled areas preferred.
Training and qualifications required
MEWP trained, PASMA trained
Role and Responsibilites
• Undertake preventative planned maintenance activities as directed and in accordance with facility maintenance instructions.
• Undertake corrective works where identified, including assistance with internal projects as appropriate.
• Respond to breakdowns and work with operations to ensure that maintenance and corrective works are completed safely and in a timely manner.
• Undertake operations as an operator, which will involve operating computer controlled plant, mechanical assembly, keeping accurate records, mechanical and remote handling, and wearing a variety of protective clothing.
• Produce accurate post-maintenance records in a timely manner.
• Assist with ongoing reviews of Facility maintenance documentation.
• Assist with the supervision of contractor activities within the facilities.
• Use of Mainsaver to view and print work orders after appropriate training has been provided
• Use of document search systems for printing PMIs/SFIs for maintenance tasks and also for reviewing training against PMIs/SFIs after appropriate training has been provided
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business