Apply for this job
||30196.00-30196.00 GBP per year
Title: Operations Chargehand
Location: Winfrith, Dorset
Rate: £30,196 per annum
Job Type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract,
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To provide a safe and efficient decommissioning/waste/decontamination service within operational area in accordance with Company and local arrangements, procedures and safety rules taking full account of Site Licence requirements, statutory regulations and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
• Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards, apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
• Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and Magnox management systems
• Carry out safe handover and handback of work areas and/or tasks
• Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
• Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
• Set to work and effectively supervise the daily activities of a team monitoring performance against the planned work.
• Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
• Carry out decommissioning / waste / decontamination operation activities in an assigned area.
• Wear a variety of protective clothing.
• Direct supervision of an assigned team.
• Co-ordinate tasks and staff to achieve objectives.
• Implement planned maintenance as required.
• Raise corrective work orders for repairs.
• Raise events for plant, process issues etc.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Education / Qualifications / Training
Level 2 NVQ in Nuclear Decommissioning
Experience / Knowledge
Experience of operating forklift trucks, overhead cranes and lifting equipment
Able to use protective clothing and equipment
Possess an awareness of safe working practices
Experience of supervising staff
Able to work to detailed instructions
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Additional information about the process
This role is a 2 year fixed term contract