Apply for this job
||Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical)
||Central and South East
||437.50-525.00 GBP per day
Title: Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Romney Marsh, Kent
Rate: £437.50 - £525 per day based on a 4 day week depending on experience
IR35: Inside of IR35
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
A Project Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Manage engineering support to the project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Deputise for Section Head when required.
• The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties
Education / Qualifications / Training
• Appropriate HNC, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5; preferably degree level (NQF level 6) or working towards
• Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
• Chartered Status
Experience / Knowledge
• Significant experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant
• Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
• Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
• Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
• Detailed knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
• Detailed knowledge of CDM Designer role
• Contract Management
• Project delivery experience
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.