Apply for this job
||Integrated Waste Programme Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||700.00-900.00 GBP per day
Title: Integrated Waste Programme Manager
Location: Didcot, Oxford
Rate: £700 - £900 per day depending on experience
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 9 months until 31/03/21
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
Be responsible for the management activities associated with the delivery of specific tasks in support of the client, NDA and Integrated Waste Management (IWM) Programme, notably the Programme Plan.
Description of Services
- Produce the vision and aspiration to move Waste Management to a fully functioning team.
- Produce and maintain a Stakeholder Map / Communications Plan.
- Understand and document the requirements for Higher Activity Waste Management.
- Support the setup of the IWM Programme, to include all necessary P3M collateral.
- Ensure the setup of specific programme areas within CORA PPM system (client used system) and Primavera P6 (NDA used system).
- Define and agree reporting criteria.
- Manage and update the relevant areas on the CORA PPM system (including RAID) and Primavera P6, also have responsibility for monthly reporting requirements.
- Provide and supply additional support to Waste Directorate and IWM Programme where appropriate.
- Contribute to the planning and scoping of future IWM work areas.
- Ensure that tasks comply with the requirements of the Management System.
- Be responsible for checking and storing deliverables are in line with client procedures, including on the Electronic Documents & Records Management System (EDRMS).
Working Knowledge Requirements
The individual is expected to have a working knowledge of the following areas:
- The current landscape for radioactive waste management in the UK and a good understanding of NDA and Government policy and strategies related to HAW management, specifically Integrated Waste Management.
- RWM, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and Site Licence Company (SLC) set up, principals and functionality.
- APM project management and the P3M delivery model.
Essential Attributes The individual must have all of the following Essential attributes:
- Evidence of a high level of competence in Project, Programme and Portfolio Management.
- Evidence of competence in the production of strategic- and operational-level PPM strategies, development plans & roadmaps.
- Evidence of a proven track record of working with a range of organisations delivering major infrastructure projects and experience of working with delivery body / client organisations engaged in major Government sponsored programmes in the UK.
The individual should have the following desirable attributes:
- Familiarity with IWM.
- Experience of working with the NDA's Site Licence Companies (SLCs).
- Familiarity with Management System.
- Familiarity with the Primavera P6 system.
- Familiarity with the CORA PPM system.*
Key Behaviours and Skills - Positive, confident and flexible self-starter
- Comfortable dealing with high levels of ambiguity
- Excellent experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Tenacious, approachable individual
- Maintain ‘bigger picture’ view on delivery
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.