Apply for this job
||Internal Communications Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||203.00-203.00 GBP per day
Title: Internal Communications Manager
Location: Didcot Oxford
Rate: £203 per day inside of IR35
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
Internal Communications Manager
Overview/ Main purpose of job
Nuclear technology has been a part of our lives for more than 60 years and is used in power generation, industry, medicine, and defence. These activities have created radioactive waste which needs to be managed safely.
Now, Radioactive Waste Management (RWM), part of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority group, is working to deal with the most hazardous radioactive waste by providing leading-edge solutions and delivering a Geological Disposal Facility (GDF).
A GDF is a network of highly-engineered underground vaults and tunnels built to permanently dispose of higher activity radioactive waste. It is internationally recognised as the best long-term solution, and is the chosen approach in countries including Sweden, Finland, Canada, and France, with some of these countries well on the way to constructing their own GDFs.
We are strengthening our communications and stakeholder relations directorate to support RWM’s mission.
We are looking for a confident, creative, and experienced internal communications manager to oversee client’s internal engagement so that colleagues our engaged, empowered and motivated to champion their work.
In a vitally important role, you will develop internal communications strategy, and lead the delivery of plans and internal channels, and provide expert counsel to client’s leadership.
Scope of job
You will develop and deliver plans to ensure RWM colleagues are effectively engaged and fully equipped to champion RWM’s work.
You will develop RWM’s strategic approach to internal communications and engagement, and lead activity such as regular staff briefings and newsletters, as well as plans for a staff conference. You will review RWM’s channels and enhance our approach to gathering and using insights from research such as staff surveys.
We want someone with proven experience of internal communications, with the ability to foster and maintain good relations with a wide range of people.
Qualifications, experience and skills
• Experience and success in developing and overseeing internal communications channels.
• Significant experience and success in strategic planning, delivery and management of communications and engagement.
• Able to analyse and present communications data and insights.
• Able to communicate and influence with empathy at all levels.
• Outstanding writing and presentation skills.
• Good first degree or equivalent professional qualification.
• Chartered status membership of a relevant professional institute preferred.
• Desirable, chartered status membership of a relevant professional institute preferred.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop and oversee our internal communications strategy, plans, and channels so that we are effectively engaging, informing, and empowering our colleagues.
• Provide internal handling advice for RWM’s leadership on sensitive, complex and often high-profile issues.
• Forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders and partners. Build good relations with communicators in key stakeholder organisations to support collaborative working.
• Support the full range of communications activity across the team.
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.