Apply for this job
||Central and South East
||350.00-415.00 GBP per day
Title: Project Manager
Location: Romney Marsh, Kent
Rate: £350 - £415 per day depending on experience
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
This position provides leadership in the functional area of Project Management and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a project. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact budgets, policies, procedures, work practices, or compliance programs.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value and timeliness, of the completed project. This position performs project management responsibilities on a small to medium sized project or services project or on an assigned segment of a larger project. When assigned to only a segment of a larger project, this role develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team.
The Project Manager role requires:
• APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ) or higher or equiv. PRINCE qualification
• Experience of a gated Project Management process
• Experience from Business Case to completion (cradle to grave) for entire project.
• Experience of project delivery in a regulated industry ideally nuclear
• Experience of acting as the client, not just on the contractor side.
• Familiarity with designing for ALARP when dealing with radiologically contaminated wastes
• Managing project schedules in P6 or MS Project
• Managing project financial control – budgets, ETC/EAC, burn rates etc., etc.
• Risk identification and management skills
• HND/Degree in any Engineering discipline
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Educated to HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant discipline
APM Practitioner Qualification or equivalent and willingness to obtain within APM Practitioner within 1 year of appointment
CITB Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate
NEC 3 contract training
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / BEHAVIOURS
• Demonstrable experience in a highly regulated industry including; engineering, procurement, construction/construction management
• Experience of performing functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of PD25 Magnox Project Management process and procedures E
• Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management).
• Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges
• Ability to maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing own assignments and tasks
• Proactive communicator both internally and externally to the project
• Customer focused with ability to develop and maintain positive and interactive project relationships
• Leads by example to ensure that Company Values are promoted and upheld
• Demonstrated active and innovative approach to problem solving and identifying solutions thinking, accountability, and adaptability skills
• Proactive reporting of progress and status of assignments including appropriate follow up
• Technical writing skills
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Additional information about the process
THIS ROLE REQUIRES SOMEONE TO HAVE WORKED AS A PROJECT MANAGER WITHIN A NUCLEAR ENVIRONMENT OR HIGHLY REGULATED ENVIRONMENT