Apply for this job
||Senior Project Manager
||Central and South East
||420.00-420.00 GBP per day
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Didcot Oxford
Rate: £420 per day inside of IR35
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To provide leadership and overall management of assigned projects ensuring compliance in accordance with standards and procedures required by the Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation
and the Company; and deliver value for money within time, quality and cost.
Safety, Environment & Security
• Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
• Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Client Management System
• Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and client management systems
• Identify risk on all work fronts and assess hazards and injury likelihood accordingly. Document assessments and record actions.
• Monitor the performance of Contractors and Supplied Workers to ensure they are delivering to quality and plan.
• Set and communicate work standards both within the team and to contractors (if applicable) and stakeholders.
• Reporting performance and potential overs or under spends and provide accurate expenditure forecasts.
• Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
• Implement an effective communication plan for the project
• Build and maintain an effective project team, providing feedback and recognising contributions from team members
• Promote and uphold the project vision and direction, to influence and align others towards a common purpose and to empower and inspire people to achieve project success.
• Manage issues that are outside the direct control of the project through appropriate escalation and resolution mechanisms
• Perform negotiation to achieve agreement, acceptance, consensus and alignment of views to achieve project goals.
• Ensure adequate human resource management and learning/skills management for the project team as appropriate to line or matrix management arrangements.
• Enable an environment for the project which is open, builds confidence, and achieves straightforward cost effective solutions, with a strong orientation towards compliant achievement of goals, targets and benefits.
• Manage projects in accordance with the Company’s Project Management System and good practice including:
o management of the phases of a project;
o capturing project success criteria and benefits;
o stakeholder management;
o requirements management;
o risk management;
o ensuring cost estimating;
o developing business cases;
o completing project reviews;
o scope management;
o design management;
o modelling/testing/prototyping management;
o project quality management;
o ensuring project scheduling;
o resource management;
o information management and reporting;
o preparing project execution plans;
o change control;
o ensuring procurement management to support the project;
o management of issues;
o management of build/decommissioning and commissioning phases;
o earned value management;
o value engineering;
o handover and project closeout.
• Safely deliver assigned projects/activities/functions to optimum performance, meeting cost, schedule, and quality targets.
• Identify improvements that improve operational performance
• Manage supply chain contracts, activities and services relevant to the work activity and/or act as Contract Project Manager as assigned.
• Identify, manage and actively maintain relationships with stakeholders and customers.
• Ensure that projects and work packages meet the business commercial requirements
• Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team to secure specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.) as required.
• Implement relevant processes and action significant performance or risk issues.
• Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system.
• Manage project risks and opportunities plan and instigate appropriate actions.
• Ensure that projects have adequate background research and pre-works information.
• Ensure that projects are subject to adequate pre-works physical surveys and characterisation in order to define scope and manage risk.
• Ensure adequate preparation of project areas for physical works commencement.
• Ensure adequate arrangements for waste management, assay and disposal of radioactive wastes, hazardous wastes and non-hazardous wastes arising from the project. Ensure adequate arrangements for nuclear materials accountancy and radioactive materials transport associated with project wastes.
• Provide the planning, organising and overall project management/progressing of works executed by contractors, within defined timescales and budgets.
• Define and execute the written reporting and record keeping of all works.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
HND level qualification in an engineering or science
APM Practitioner Qualification or equivalent and willingness to obtain APM Practitioner within 1 year of appointment
NEC 3 contract training
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrable experience in a highly regulated industry.
Experience of performing functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of Project Management process and procedures
Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management). E
Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges E
Ability to maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing own assignments and tasks
Proactive communicator both internally and externally to the project E
Customer focused with ability to develop and maintain positive and interactive project relationships E
Leads by example to ensure that Company Values are promoted and upheld E
Demonstrated active and innovative approach to problem solving and identifying solutions thinking, accountability, and adaptability skills • E
Proactive reporting of progress and status of assignments including appropriate follow up E
Technical writing skills
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD W/C 03/0/2O OR 2/C 10/02/20
FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.