Apply for this job
||Site Delivery Programme Manager
||Central and South East
||420.00-420.00 GBP per day
Title: Site Programme Delivery Manager
Location: Didcot, Oxford
Rate: £420 per day inside of IR35
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
This position provides leadership in the organisation or functional area and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of the programme. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise and will make decisions in areas that may impact the organisation, clients, budgets, policies, procedures or programmes.
The post holder will perform the essential programme management duties and functions as listed below for establishing an execution framework on the programme that complies with the contract and ensures programme safety, quality, value and timeliness. This position undertakes responsibilities to deliver a portfolio of high value, complex projects or programmes of work, overseeing co-ordination of required resources.
• Support, communicate, implement and maintain the Programme Execution Plan maximising the implementation of lessons learned and optimising business benefits
• Ensure the safe delivery of programmes/projects to time, cost and quality ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements and in accordance with the programme execution and commercial baselines
• Establish and maintain effective client relations that result in active cooperation.
• Verify the programme/project baseline is in compliance with the Lifetime plan with regard to client reporting, notifications, project system start up and close-out requirements, ensuring it is fully documented and updated
• Appropriately communicate to fully inform the business on project status, client relations, financial reporting, schedules, changes in risk assessment or other major concerns.
• Provide status reports of programme activities and participate in project reviews as required by the Programme and in accordance with Project Management procedures
• Ensure all commercial activities associated with the projects/programmes are undertaken in accordance with Company standards.
• Review, organise, and share relevant lessons learned from other projects/programmes and seek advice from other experienced managers as necessary throughout the life of the programme
• Analyse situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems, and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action Organise and prioritise programmes of complex projects and multiple tasks setting priorities, and meeting critical time deadlines
• Oversee a fully documented change management system that tracks all changes to the programme baseline
• Build and manage effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, establishing and maintaining effective interfaces between functions and divisions/sites as appropriate.
• Establish and define the programme organisation and staffing requirements. Oversee staffing with supporting organisation managers
• Provide strong, effective and decisive leadership and establish an execution framework to ensure programme execution of safety, quality, value and timeliness.
• As key resource manager, ensures resource demand is identified and effectively recruited, motivated and well led through effective leadership and performance management.
• Establish a good work environment and work relationships to lead programme implementation on aligned and consistent goal and path
• Provide leadership to large teams, solving interpersonal conflicts and maximising staff motivation
• Support colleagues’ learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc, acting as coach and mentor.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring compliance. This includes Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, Equality and Diversity policy and procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
• Deputise for the Programme Manager as required
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
• Educated to degree / professional qualification in a relevant discipline
• APM Certified Project Manager or equivalent and a willingness to obtain APM Certified Project Manager within 1 year of appointment
• A proven track record in leadership at a senior level with leadership training.
• Programme or project delivery experience of significant high value or complexity in a highly regulated industry.
• Experience of delivering and managing change in complex organisations.
• Sufficient knowledge to understand, analyse and produce solutions to the range of problems encountered in the project field.
• Gained a positive reputation through exposure to key stakeholder groups with the ability to influence at this level.
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge and experience outside of project delivery.
• Mobile and flexible to undertake projects at other locations – regionally or nationally
• Understanding forms of contract (NEC3 ECC desirable).
• CITB Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / BEHAVIOURS
• Substantial experience in a highly regulated industry in, for example; engineering, procurement, construction/construction management
• Results and goal orientated with an ability to set and maintain high standards of personal and programme performance.
• A strategic thinker with an active, innovative approach to problem solving in a complex project environment
• Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges
• Proactive and effective communicator, both internally and externally to the programme with an ability for impact and influence to positively influence stakeholders.
• Leads by example, demonstrating innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment
• Customer focused able to develop and maintain positive and interactive project relationships
• Proactive reporting of programme status including appropriate follow up
• Technical writing and presentation skills
Additional information about the process
INTERVIEWS FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE 27TH JANUARY 2020 OR 29TH JANUARY 2020
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.