Apply for this job
||Knowledge Management Specialist
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||250.00-300.00 GBP per day
Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
Location: Didcot, Oxford
Rate: £250 - £300 per day
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months to start 01st April 2020
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To support this objective the client Knowledge and Information Assurance Managers have identified the need for a resource to join the Knowledge Management team and assist with Knowledge Management activities within the company.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will work with the Knowledge and Information Managers and team to support activities throughout the business including but not limited to: workshops, meetings, training, management of action plans, Project Portfolio Management (PPM) planning and analysis. More specifically this role will:
• Design and implement effective learning activities – in collaboration with other team members, work with the business to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities
• Manage knowledge sharing events – scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions
• Identify and curate Knowledge Management and Information intranet content –manage and implement project-wide content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way)
• Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented
• Engage partners and learning champions – work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various online/in-person learning activities including engaging the growing member base on project websites, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content
• Work collaboratively with peers – work within the Knowledge Management team and also closely with other teams including communications, web development, training, and assessing and learning to ensure alignment and cohesion
• Project Portfolio Management - support the Knowledge and Information Assurance Managers to manage projects; recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the company and create improvement plans; enhance existing knowledge bases and makes sure that new knowledge is applied in the company’s system
• Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration
• Get things done – ensure that quality work is delivered on time
Deliverables will be as agreed with the Knowledge and information Assurance Manager, in support of delivering the Information Data and knowledge Management programme of work.
The Contractor must have a track record in working in a technical delivery environment, and have a familiarity with information, data and knowledge management practices.
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed inscope of scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.