Apply for this job
||Project Engineer - Mechanical
||Central and South East
||437.50-481.25 GBP per day
Title: Project Engineer Mechanical
Location: Romney Marsh, Kent
Rate: £437.50 to £481.25 per day depending on experience
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
• Appropriate HNC, degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6
• Membership of a relevant Engineering Institute#
• Chartered Status.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
A Mechanical or process engineer with at least three years experience in design, installation and commissioning of new mechanical and process plant.
Must have experience on working in regulated industry (ideally nuclear).
Must have experience in producing design and commissioning documents for plant converging all engineering disciplines.
Need to have experience in designing, installing and commissioning new plant.
Required to work at site to test and commission installed system.
Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant. #
Experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards.
Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
Understanding of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
Working knowledge of CDM Designer role
Contract Management experience
Project delivery experience
Additional information about the process
PLEASE NOTE INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD W/C 09TH DECEMBER FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES - YOU WILL NEED TO BE AVAILABLE AS THE INTERVIEW WILL BE 1 STAGE AND THEN OFFER IF SUCCESSFUL
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.