Apply for this job
||Communications & Socio Economics Lead
||22.15-25.48 GBP per hour
Title: Communications & Socio Economics Lead
Location: Oldbury near Bristol
Rate: £22.15 - £25.48 per hour depending on experience
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 9 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To proactively manage, co-ordinate and deliver communications and socio-economics for the business. This covers all aspects of internal and external communications, including stakeholder engagement, which enhances the reputation of the business and the customer.
• Deliver required communications as agreed with the Communications and Socio-economics Managers.
• Ensure all communications are aligned with the Company’s key messages and strategies.
• Provide specialist advice and support to the site/functional lead teams on communications, stakeholder engagement (including attendance and support to the SSGs) and socio-economic issues.
• Ensure that good neighbour socio-economic applications (up to £1,000) are properly recorded (site leads only).
• Promptly deal with requests for information.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local and regional journalists and secure positive coverage as agreed with the Communications and Socio-economics Managers.
• Provide advice and guidance on communication issues ensuring that relevant stakeholders receive timely advice/information.
• Work with the Communications and Socio-economics Managers and the rest of the communications team, to share best practice and ensure constant improvement of communications.
• Ensure communications colleagues are kept aware of emerging issues
• Take a lead role in agreeing key messages with lead teams for VIP visits including any presentations.
• Delivery of all relevant Lifetime Plan/KPI activities within time and cost.
• The post holder may be required to be a member of the 24/7 press office rota.
• Travel and attendance at the sites relevant to the post holder will be required, as agreed with the Communications and Socio-economics Manager.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Education / Qualifications / Training
• Business/Marketing/PR/Media qualification – HNC/D or equivalent
• Membership of a relevant professional body – e.g. CIPR
Experience / Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience if working within a communications/public relations/media/marketing environment.
• Demonstrated experience of building relationships with a broad range of Stakeholders and Customers.
• Experience of designing and delivering public speaking.
• Experience of working with a range of multimedia tools.
Additional information about the process
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY 4TH DECEMBER FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.