Apply for this job
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||150.00-150.00 GBP per day
Title: Finance Support
Rate: £150 per day
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 6 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
• Support the timely processing and settlement of supplier invoices and expense claims
• Supports that accounting records are stored and maintained appropriately
• Supports the month end accounting closure process
• Supports the smooth running and continuous improvement of financial operations within the company
• Support the client to disburse Engagement Funding in a manner consistent with the requirements of HM Treasury’s Managing Public Money guidance
In line with the scope defined in Section 3, the ongoing deliverables will include:
• Register, code, and seek authorisation for supplier invoices in accordance with the Approved Scheme of Delegated Authority
• Process and review expense claims in accordance with company policy including the calculation of VAT due in line with current VAT regulations
• Secure the approval of expense claims in accordance with the Approved Scheme of Delegated Authority
• Monitor supplier invoices and expense claims awaiting authorisation, chasing as appropriate
• Challenge non-conformity and non-compliance of supplier invoices and expense claims
• Maintain a record of disputed supplier invoices and expense claims & monitor progress towards resolution
• Schedule invoices and expense claims for payment
• Issue electronic remittance advices
• Undertake supplier statement reconciliations as necessary
• Maintain the integrity of financial records in accordance with statute and the record retention schedule
• Perform month end tasks in accordance with month end timetable as required by the Finance Operations Manager
• Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department to ensure value for money
Skills and experience:
Educated to A level or minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
Practical experience of working in a financial operations team including the processing of cash payment and receipts; purchase or sales ledger transactions; and employee expense claims.
Computer literate with knowledge of: finance systems, Microsoft Outlook, Word and intermediate Excel.
Working knowledge of VAT regulations and accounting standards beneficial.
Key skills include:
Strong numerical and analytical skills,
High level of accuracy and attention to detail,
Ability to manage time to meet external and internal deadlines, diplomatic, good communication skills, tact and confidentiality.
Excellent interpersonal skills are required as post holder will be expected to communicate with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
The contractor will be required to work in the Harwell office for 5 days per week.
Travel across England and Wales may be required on certain occasions.
The client will require the contract to be security cleared and vetted to BPSS level.
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.