Apply for this job
||Industrial Safety Engineer
||20.49-20.49 GBP per hour
Title: Industrial Safety Engineer
Location: Winfrith, Dorset
Rate: £20.49 per hour
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
The Role Description
Purpose of Role
To provide industrial and conventional safety support to projects in accordance with Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
• Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Management System
• Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and management systems
• Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
• Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety leadership
• Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
• Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
• Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
• Provide health and safety advice to managers and employees to help them comply with statutory, company and site safety requirements
• Monitor safety standards and performance within the project
• Provide advice on the relevant safety issues and good practice
• Responsible for the production of appropriate safety documentation e.g. risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures etc
• Advise on Risk Assessments in liaison with Project staff
• Interface with contractors on safety issues
• Review events, trends and statistics
• Carry out local walkabouts and inspections
• Carry out local safety promotional campaigns
• Provide local toolbox talks and training sessions
• Take an active role in planning facility emergency exercises and act as exercise driver/observer
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities
Fire Safety Co-ordinator Responsibilities
• Discharge the role of the Competent Person as specified in the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order
• Manage the sites Fire Risk Assessment process to ensure compliance with statutory guidance
• Carry out Fire Safety audits and reviews; ensuring that any actions are followed up and closed out in a timely manner.
• Provide fire safety advice to site programmes/projects in line with relevant standards and practices
• Liaise with the ONR Fire Inspection team
• Promotion of general fire safety and prevention measures
• Approval of Hot Work Certificate Forms
Emergency Arrangements Point of Contact Responsibilities
• Provide interface to the Emergency Arrangements Team
• Liaise with local authorities/organisations as required
• Support delivery/participate in Site Demonstration Exercises
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Educated to HNC or equivalent in a post related subject
Member of a relevant professional institute
Level 3 IOSH accredited Health and Safety Qualification
Experience / Knowledge
Relevant safety experience in related roles
Experience at a nuclear site or another high hazard industry
Detailed knowledge of UK safety legislation
Knowledge of Site License conditions
Additional information about the process
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.