Apply for this job
||Senior Project Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||450.00-600.00 GBP per day
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Didcot Oxford
Rate: £450 - £600 per day
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 7 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
The Role Description
The objective is for senior Project Manager to support the transformation and uplift in maturity of the client’s PPM capability by delivering expert and professional project and programme task based services.
Key objectives of PPM are:
1. To support and mature the company’s approach and delivery of P3M capability. Part of this will be aligned with Public Sector norms such as:
• HMT’s Managing Public Money including the requirements for transparency, probity and value for money
• HMG’s Functional Standard for Project Delivery
• Programme Management operating in line with the Government’s Managing Successful Programmes framework
• Project Management operating in line with a recognised methodology such as Prince 2, Management of Risk or APM BOK7
2. To increase client’s project management capability and transparency of data to support an increase in volume and complexity that may occur as communities become involved in the GDF programme.
The work will require the contractor to provide suitably qualified and experienced team, with experience of:
• Project, Programme and Portfolio Management
• The IPA standards
• The APM standards
• The production of strategic-level PPM development plans & roadmaps
• The production of operational-level PPM development plans & roadmaps
• The production of detailed PPM development plans & roadmaps
• Proven track record of working with a range of organisations delivering major infrastructure projects and experience of working with delivery body / client organisations engaged in major Government sponsored programmes in the UK.
What we’re looking for:
• At least a 2:1 degree or equivalent
• Excellent theoretical project and programme management knowledge and related qualifications
• Extensive experience of designing and delivering projects and programmes in a range of public and private sector environments
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem solving and wider stakeholder management skills
• Drive and motivation to do the right thing and to succeed, even when it looks tough
• Developing, planning, and implementing a project or programme, whilst delivering the desired outputs to time, cost and quality.
• Defining the project’s governance framework including a monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement and issue management, quality and assurance, information management and resource allocation
• Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks
• Ensuring the appropriate capabilities are employed in the execution of the project, working closely with line managers
• Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information
• Adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities
• Defining tasks and success criteria, working closely with relevant technical leads
• Engaging with relevant customers and stakeholders (both internal and external).
• Experience in delivering circa £5m+ projects and programmes through the end to end project lifecycle
• A strong track record in project planning, leadership and delivery
• An ability to demonstrate recent successful delivery of the full project life cycle, including quality assurance and financial planning and management
• Evidence of Project control and reporting
• Clear and confident written and verbal presentation skills, able to covey messages to a variety of audiences
• Evidence of forming effective relationships across technical and functional boundaries
• A solid track record in managing complex and sensitive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Confident user of MS Project
• You will be a full member of a relevant professional body
Additional information about the process
NB: PLEASE NOTE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO BE AVAILABLE ON THE 8TH, 9TH OR 12TH JULY FOR INTERVIEW IF YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED
THIS ROLE HAS BEEN INDEEMED IN-SCOPE OF IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.