Apply for this job
||Shift Craft Mechanical
||Central and South East
||14.52-14.52 GBP per hour
Title: Shift Craft - Mechanical
Rate: £14.52 per hour PAYE + £38.64 Shift Allowance
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 9 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
The Role Description
Safety, Environment & Security
• Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards, apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
• Carry out safe handover and handback of work areas and/or tasks
• Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and Magnox management systems
• Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
• Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
• Undertake preventative planned maintenance activities as directed and in accordance with facility maintenance instructions.
• Undertake corrective works where identified, including assistance with internal projects as appropriate.
• Respond to breakdowns and work with operations to ensure that maintenance and corrective works are completed safely and in a timely manner.
• Undertake operations as an operator, which will involve operating computer controlled plant, mechanical assembly, keeping accurate records, mechanical and remote handling, and wearing a variety of protective clothing.
• Produce accurate post-maintenance records in a timely manner.
• Assist with ongoing reviews of Facility maintenance documentation.
• Assist with the supervision of contractor activities within the facilities.
• Use of Mainsaver to view and print work orders after appropriate training has been provided
• Use of document search systems for printing PMIs/SFIs for maintenance tasks and also for reviewing training against PMIs/SFIs after appropriate training has been provided
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Education / Qualifications / Training
Time served mechanical apprenticeship
Appropriate technical qualifications e.g. City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
Experience / Knowledge
Experience of machine shop practices, pressure systems and general plant maintenance activities.
Experience in other trades eg electrical
Experience of general maintenance within a nuclear environment
Able to use protective clothing and equipment
An awareness of safe working practices
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO WORK SHIFTS
WEEK 1 3 X 12 HOUR DAYS
WEEK 2 2 X 12 HOURS DAYS 2 X 12 HOURS NIGHT
WEEK 3 2 X 12 HOUR NIGHTS
Additional information about the process
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.