Apply for this job
||16.69-16.69 GBP per hour
Location: Risley, Warrington
Rate: £16.69 PAYE per hour
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Provide support and contribute to the successful delivery of an assigned portfolio/ category/ programme/ sourcing activity, ensuring the optimum provision of bought-in goods and services from the Supply Chain.
The buyer will provide support to procurement activities which meet the business needs of Sellafield Limited. This will encompass all aspects of procurement and supply chain management.
• The objective of the role is to support the successful performance of the assigned Portfolio/ category/ programme / sourcing activity, through the delivery of SL’s contractual obligations.
• To provide support to ensure that individual procurement activities are effectively undertaken to meet the needs of the requirement/ business.
• To provide support to the sourcing, assessment, selection and award of contracts.
• To support the execution of the contract and supply chain strategies agreed within their portfolio/ category/ programme / sourcing activities.
• To aid in the identification of commercial and contract risk and where appropriate support the management and mitigation of these risks.
• Ensure activities undertaken comply with Commercial Directorate policies, procedures, legislative and governmental requirements.
• To support the collation of information and the initial analysis with regard to the forecast of demand requests and to make appropriate challenge to demand, to ensure its fit for purpose, whilst endeavouring to identify value for money solutions.
• To assist in the provision and maintenance of accurate procurement activity records, reports and system data within agreed timescales.
• To assist in maintaining key stakeholder relationships, including the NDA and other
identified stakeholder issues relative to the assigned portfolio/ category/ programme / project.
• To ensure compliance with health and safety requirements, including promoting a “safety
culture” (both within Sellafield Ltd and the Supply Chain).
• To aid and support the delivery of improvements in the discharge of these accountabilities.
• To assist in the promotion of open and transparent competition throughout the supply chain
and in compliance with the Public Procurement regulations.
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, customers and professional functions, providing external insight, commercial support advice/ guidance and support the continued development and embedding of commercial awareness across the business.
• To support and coach colleagues within the Directorate and business areas where applicable to ensure the transfer of knowledge and skills, therefore contributing to the development of a high performing culture and the delivery of the business, directorate and team objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• HNC in Business Management or other relevant disciplines
• Experience working in procurement/supply covering a broad range of products and services,
• Knowledge and/ or a commitment to develop strong working knowledge of Open Journal of European Union (OJEU) and Public Contract Regulations
• Commitment to or study for Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply or other relevant equivalent professional qualification
• Understanding and application of relevant legislation and guidelines e.g. NEC 3 terms and conditions
• Competent in the use of commercial systems and providing support in the use of to others.
Additional information about the process
This role has deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.