Apply for this job
||Civil Design Engineer
||Central and South East
||30.00-30.67 GBP per hour
Title: Civil Design Engineer
Location: Winfrith Dorset
Rate: £30.67 Per hour PAYE depending on experience
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
The Reactors Engineering Team provides engineering and design support to operations and decommissioning projects carried out by the Reactor Decommissioning Programme. The Reactors Engineering Team requires a Civil Design Engineer to help provide this support.
The Civil Design Engineer is required to lead and manage engineering and design tasks in support of reactor decommissioning projects. The Civil Design Engineer will plan and manage the delivery of design and engineering tasks and will lead areas of design from concept through to commissioning.
The Civil Design Engineer will also be required to provide general, civil and structural engineering support and advice to reactor decommissioning projects.
1. Lead engineering design projects and manage associated technical interfaces from concept through to commissioning.
2. Manage specific design and engineering tasks and co-ordinate with other Magnox engineers and engineering support contractors.
3. To provide engineering justification of methodologies and designs.
4. To prepare procurement specifications for detailed design and build contracts.
5. To ensure that design and engineering work is compliant with Magnox management processes, current legislation and safety case requirements.
6. To provide general, civil and structural engineering advice to specific projects, including preparing civil and structural engineering assessments and checking/verifying those prepared by others.
7. To provide technical and engineering support and/or manage specific engineering tasks in support of other Magnox projects.
Essential Aptitudes and Experience:
• Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in civil engineering, preferably chartered and a member of an appropriate professional institution. (Candidates with lower qualifications but with exceptional experience may also be considered.)
• Broad applied engineering background with at least 5 years relevant experience, preferably in nuclear decommissioning or an equivalent highly regulated industry.
• At least 5 years experience of managing engineering and design work from concept through to commissioning to meet project time, cost and quality requirements, preferably in nuclear decommissioning and/or related engineering projects.
• Hold UK driving licence and be willing to drive on business (mainly in the UK) with occasional overnight stays as necessary.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience:
• Flexibility and willingness to take on a range of tasks and challenges.
• Good IT skills, preferably with familiarity of Microsoft Office.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well and influence effectively.
• Innovative, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed outside of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.