Apply for this job
||Waste Delivery Manager
||Low Level Waste
||35.00-45.00 GBP per hour
Title Service Delivery Manager
Rate: £35 - £45 Per Hour LTD
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
The Role Description
To manage delivery of all waste services to UK customers in line with the national LLW strategy.
• Act as a change agent to the behaviour and performance of customers waste management, facilitated by Joint Waste Management Plans and benefits management.
• To ensure that services provided are at all stages compliant with relevant regulations, standards and processes.
• To deliver sustained and measured improvements in the day-to-day service provided to customers.
• To develop and sustain a collaborative working relationship with waste service providers whilst ensuring the best value possible for customers.
• To identify and manage risks for own portfolio.
• To promote the standards and expectations set by the Head of Waste Services Delivery.
• Manage service delivery to customers by monitoring and managing quality, value, and risk of waste services against a delivery plan.
• Measure and improve customer relations and satisfaction.
• Focal point for supporting consignors to create and maintain their Joint Waste Management Plans and subsequent realisation of benefits.
• Develop and improve services to drive increased VFM.
• Work closely with the value chain and the National Waste Programme Office to define the future delivery plan and supporting risk registers, ensuring that future resource requirements and risks are managed appropriately.
• Ensure that waste services are delivered in line with the waste service contracts.
• Supporting wider change initiatives to waste services.
• Manage waste consignment projects in terms of setting plans and priorities, managing workloads, and holding people to account.
• Provision of advice and guidance to internal departments as well as external customers and waste service providers.
• Working with customers to identify future needs, promoting the use of LLW Repository Ltd’s Waste Service portfolio.
• Influence and support customers in the development and evaluation of Best Available Technique
• Managing new and existing Customer requests and any relevant training and guidance to allow access to LLW Repository Ltd’s Waste Services
• Support procurement or re-competition for new and existing Waste Services on behalf of the Waste Management Services Organisation
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Strong technical knowledge of radioactive waste treatment and disposal techniques and waste acceptance criteria of different routes
• Demonstrable experience of working with customers to develop radioactive waste management solutions
• Knowledge of the UK and international radioactive waste management supply chain
• Knowledge and experience of transport and packaging of radioactive materials
• Project management experience for radioactive waste projects
• Radioactive Waste Advisor
Graduate (min 2:2) in relevant discipline or equivalent, possession of appropriate professional qualification, together with substantive relevant experience.
Additional information about the process
PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY 26TH FEBRUARY 2019 FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE AVAILABLE
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
This role has been deemed out of scope of IR35