Apply for this job
||Radiation Protection Advisor
||37000.00-42000.00 GBP per year
Title: Radiation Protection Advisor
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
Rate: £37,000 - £42,000 + £4000 bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
Radiation Protection Advisor
To provide authoritative and professional Radiological Protection advice and leadership support to client, whilst meeting client’s and legislative requirements. The RPA may be integrated into a delivery area, identifying and responding to radiological issues and concerns, providing advice on appropriate measures and controls to protect the environment and ensure safe delivery of the Value Stream plan. The role may also focus on the development, implementation and assurance of Radiological Protection policies, procedures and programmes.
• Evidence of undertaking RPA role within a large or high hazard organisation.
• Current, valid RPA 2000 Certificate of Competence
• Degree in a Safety or STEM subject or equivalent and relevant experience.
• Chartered member of an appropriate professional body (e.g. CRadP).
• Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation in the delivery of improvements
• Good communication and influencing skills with internal stakeholders
• Ability to manage external stakeholders and regulators (e.g. ONR)
• Ability to prioritise and plan work.
• Demonstrable record of influencing change and improving radiological safety performance of an organisation.
Additional information about the process
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.