Apply for this job
||Senior Planning Engineer
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||300.00-450.00 GBP per day
Senior Planning Engineer
Rate: £300 - £350 PAYE / circa £400 - £450 LTD per day (Inscope of IR35)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6-8 Months (starting 1st August 2019), potentially longer term
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
The role will ensure that a consistent planning and scheduling approach is applied across the business including resource planning. You will be accountable for ensuring the portfolio has effective standards, processes and procedures are in place to manage project and programme plans. The role will provide expert challenge and advice to delivery areas to ensure their plans are achievable and sufficiently defined.
- Lead the definition and implementation of the overall planning and scheduling framework for the company portfolio.
- Act as the SME for planning and scheduling across the portfolio, providing expert guidance to, and managing P3M stakeholders.
- Define, develop and maintain the planning and scheduling management processes and tools to support effective scheduling and resource management across the portfolio.
- Establish and execute an effective means of monitoring and assuming the consistent use of planning and scheduling management practices across the portfolio.
- Work with delivery areas to ensure project plans and appropriately challenged, defined and analysed.
- Work with Programme Performance manager to define programme performance metrics and ensure plans provide sufficient data to provide insights of performance.
- Take appropriate action to ensure positive challenge which encourages to adhere to planning processes and procedures.
- Work with delivery areas to develop robust project schedules and reporting to help deliver to time and cost.
- Conduct analysis on plans to provide insight to Project Managers that will help to enhance delivery and improve decision-making on the management dependencies and critical path.
- Work with other PMO colleagues to ensure the effective interaction of schedule performance with risk, cost and quality performance.
- Provide support and training in the implementation of the defined planning and scheduling approach, including driving the sharing of learning and continuous improvement across the company portfolio.
- Own the company planning and scheduling system, including systems administration and ensuring integrity of data at all times. Educate and train the others in how to use the system as appropriate.
- Review and manage updates to planning and scheduling processes, procedures and documentation on a regular basis to ensure continuous improvement,
Qualifications / Skills
- Significant experience of leading planning and scheduling for a complex portfolio of work is essential
- Proven experience of establishing and implementing a planning approach on complex large infrastructure programmes in a regulatory environment, managing critical interfaces and dependencies.
- Proven experience of working in a rigorous programme controls environment
- Project management certificate or equivalent experience (P3M3, MSP, Prince2)
- Proven analytics capabilities.
- Extensive experience of Primavera P6
- High level of personal impact and interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills as an effective communicator and ability to influence Senior stakeholders.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business