Apply for this job
||Mechanical Design Engineer
||38000.00-48000.00 GBP per year
Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Mechanical Design Engineer. Our client has been designing and manufacturing batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland for over 15 years and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Our client is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and planning to triple turnover in the next 3-5 years.
Design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies for power electronics and battery products ranging in size between Wh and MWh. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development, verification and through-life support.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable professional experience of the full lifecycle of mechanical product development
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred)
- Proven ability to work in small multi-functional project team (including electronics, software and qualification engineers)
- 3D CAD modelling
- Thermal, Shock and Vibration Design and Simulation using SolidWorks
Desirable skills and experience
- Mechanical and Electronic Assembly design
- Experience in the design of batteries, chargers or power supplies
- Thermal Management of Electronics enclosures, heat exchangers, (air to air, air to water etc)
- Design for EMC, manufacturability, test and/or cost optimisation
- Experience of designing various components including plastics, sheet metal, injections moulding and die castings
- Management of prototypes and pre-production builds
- Design documentation control
- Reliability Engineering (FMEA and MTBF analysis etc)
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Additional information about the process
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 plus up to £8,000 relocation
Job Type: Permanent
Contact details: Carron.email@example.com
Tel: 01847891062 or 07753221031
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
“Must have a right to work in the UK”