Apply for this job
||Electronics Design Engineer
||45000.00-55000.00 GBP per year
Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of an Electronics Design Engineer. Our client has been designing and manufacturing batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland for over 15 years and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Our client is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and planning to triple turnover in the next 3-5 years.
The primary role is the development of electronic systems for the management, protection and charging of batteries ranging in size between Wh and MWh. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development and verification as well as obsolescence management and through-life support.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong analogue power electronic design skills.
- Demonstrable professional experience of the full lifecycle of electronic product development.
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred).
- Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional project team (including mechanical, software, and qualification engineers).
Desirable skills and experience
- Battery management systems.
- Switched mode power supply design.
- High-voltage, high-current and/or high-power systems
- Power transfer and protection architectures
- Power conversion and AC distribution systems
- Circuit simulation and analysis.
- Design for EMC (CE, MIL-STD 461, DEF-STAN 59-411 etc)
- Safety System Design and certification (IEC 61508, IEC 61551, ISO 26262).
- Power interrupts (Solid State, contactors, isolators, fusing etc)
- Design documentation.
- Related electronic design experience (serial comms and standard bus protocols, microcontroller system design etc).
- System Integration (Modbus, CAN, RS232, RS485, TCP/Ethernet)
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Additional information about the process
Title: Electronics Design Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 plus up to £8,000 relocation
Job Type: Permanent
Contact details: Carron.email@example.com
Tel: 01847891062 or 07753221031
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
“Must have a right to work in the UK”