Apply for this job
||32.00-41.00 GBP per hour
Location: Risley, Warrington
Rate: £32 PAYE / £41.42 LTD per hour (Inside scope of IR35)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon – Fri
Duration: 6 months + contract (likely to be extended)
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / email@example.com
This role is to support and contribute to the successful delivery of scope, schedule and cost by ensuring the optimum provision of bought-in goods and services from the Supply Chain.
Reporting to a Contract Officer (CO) or Senior Contract Specialist (SCS), the role holder will be required to manage and undertake procurement activities to meet the business needs. This will encompass all aspects of procurement and supply chain management demanding professional experience and competence.
Against an assigned portfolio of projects / tasks / activities:
• To establish, collate and conduct the initial analysis of forecasts of the demand requirements and ensure that individual procurement activities are effectively undertaken to meet their needs.
• To ensure contract and supply chain strategies are adhered to.
• That commercial risks identified are managed and mitigated where possible.
• To protect the Company’s legal interests.
• To challenge demand requirements to ensure value for money sourcing.
• To manage the sourcing, assessment, selection and award of contracts.
• To assist in ensuring value added commercial and financial contract management techniques and controls are deployed on contracts through to contractual close-out.
• To maintain procurement activity records, reports and system data accurately and to agreed timescales.
• To obtain, monitor and provide feedback on contractor/supplier performance against the contract(s) and where applicable build measures into contract improvement plans.
• To manage key internal stakeholder relationships, relative to the assigned portfolio or programme/project work scope as identified by the CO or SCS.
• To ensure compliance with health and safety requirements, including promoting a “safety culture” (both within Sellafield Ltd and the Supply Chain).
• To contribute to the delivery of significant and sustained improvements in the discharge of these accountabilities.
• To promote open and transparent competition throughout the supply chain.
• To provide commercial support and advice to internal customers specific to the assigned portfolio or programme/project work scope.
Skills / Experience required
Must have Procurement/Supply Management experience covering broad range of products, services and input into contracting strategies.
It is essential to be experienced in delivering OJEU competitive tender procurements from planning procurement activities through to contract award
Evidence of providing internal and external customers with support and guidance resulting in the resolution of issues
Evidence of adherence to all legislative, regulatory and company procedures and standards
Challenging attitude, embracing an open and honest culture and encouraging LFE, meeting and exceeding targets, improving performance and implementing initiatives
Degree or equivalent would be desirable but not essential with the right experience.
Professional - MCIPS or equivalent in other related disciplines would be desirable (but not essential).
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.