Apply for this job
||Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
||134.33-134.33 GBP per day
Location: Herdus House, Westlakes, Cumbria
Rate: £134.33 PAYE per day
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months contract basis initially.
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
Reporting to the NDA Security Manager, these roles provide personnel security vetting and ongoing personnel security services and generalised security consultancy across the NDA and its subsidiaries.
The Personnel Security Vetting Advisor(s) support delivery of the NDA’s security vetting and ongoing personnel security management activities including initiation and maintenance of associated records, security inductions and briefings, collation and analysis of personnel security performance data and production of periodic reports, creation of security awareness training materials and delivery of presentations, personnel security audits, confirming clearance levels for staff and visitors. Line Manager security training. Compartmented information registration, inductions and de-inductions.
To provide personnel security services across NDA and its subsidiaries and subject matter expert advice on implementation of HMG and ONR personnel security regulations.
Initiation and case manage pre-employment screenings and national security vetting clearances and periodic appraisals and reviews including maintenance of all associated auditable records.
To gather and collate personnel security performance information, analyse data and provide periodic reports to the security manager for inclusion in the monthly departmental return.
Deliver new employee induction training, compartmented Information inductions/de-inductions, security training and awareness sessions, including maintenance of records and production and delivery of training material relevant to the specialism.
Contributing to general initiatives and campaigns ensuring staff understanding of changes/updates in regulations.
To carry out security audits within area of expertise, liaise with and support colleagues as necessary to deliver multi-functional and other adhoc tasks including classified contracts process, security investigations and uniformed security officers in the issue of security passes.
Particular emphasis is placed upon:
o Processing initial clearances in timely manner to meet business needs and in accordance with HMG and ONR requirements
o Approval and issue of BPSS clearances in accordance with devolved authority
o Case management and coordination of all DV, SC and BPSS clearance applications, appraisals, reviews and aftercare returns for staff and contractors
o Sponsorship of UKSV NSV new clearances, upgrades and reviews
o Security training and awareness
o Creation of periodic reports and analysis of performance data
o Statutory reporting to ONR and other organisations
o Maintenance of NDA vetting files and databases
Skills & Experience Required
• Previous experience of vetting is essential.
• high degree of organisational ability and management of accountable and sensitive information in a highly regulated environment
• ability to maintain a good working relationship with authorised vetting authorities and other associated organisations and stakeholders
• high levels of integrity, honesty, discretion and confidentiality
• ability and willingness to take decisions, within devolved authority
• ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative and prioritise workload
• precise, thorough and accurate working style
• discretion in dealing with personal issues
• ability to work under pressure and respond to urgent and changing business priorities whilst maintaining integrity of decisions and regulated accountability
• ability to communicate and maintain good working relationships at all levels across the whole internal organisation and with external stakeholders
• good verbal and written skills, together with strong level of ICT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• ability to operate within a cross-functional team
• GCSE A-C passes or equivalent
• SC level security clearance ( or preparedness to achieve)
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.