Apply for this job
||Industrial Safety Advisor
||260.00-262.00 GBP per day
Purpose of Role
Required to safely support turbine hall demolition at Oldbury Power Station in Gloucestershire
To own, develop, implement and review the Site’s arrangements for the management of conventional safety and to ensure compliance with statutory and Company requirements and enhancement of conventional safety performance.
• Develop and maintain arrangements for compliance with industrial safety, statutory and Company requirements.
• Produce and maintain the site’s risk assessment arrangements as required.
• Maintain required external certification, e.g. OHSAS18001, as required.
• Provide specialist industrial safety support.
• Monitor adequacy of site arrangements through audit, inspection and the investigation of events.
• Drive the implementation of conventional safety arrangements across the Site.
• Develop and manage the Site Improvement Plan for industrial safety as required.
• Develop, implement and maintain the Site Fire Risk Assessments as appropriate.
• Carry out project management activities as required.
• Ensure personal and professional development and training of conventional safety staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
• Monitor performance and take action to maintain conventional safety standards and improve performance.
• Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
• Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on conventional safety issues throughout the Site.
• Act for the Site Head of Safety as directed.
• The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Undertake baseline roles as required.
• Provide expert-level advice for the effective development of conventional safety training programmes.
• Assist with managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects as required for delivery of the lifetime plan.
• Where this role requires supervisory responsibility the following key duties will apply;
• Effective team leadership through; People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
• Assigning tasks to the team members ensuring they are Suitably Qualified and Experienced (SQEP) to carry out such tasks.
• Responsible for team/ individual development plans and ensuring training is carried out.
• Ensuring all team members receive the support necessary to both understand and contribute to achieving the objectives of the Department Lifetime Plan.
• Regularly undertake team briefings to ensure staff are well informed regarding both technical and administrative matters concerning the execution of their responsibilities.
• The design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
• Educated to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject).
• Member of a relevant professional institute
• Diploma or equivalent in relevant specialism. E.g. NEBOSH
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
• Relevant experience in related roles
• Experience at a nuclear site or another high hazard industry
• Detailed knowledge of Site License conditions and UK safety legislation
• Detailed knowledge of International / ISO Standards
Additional information about the process
Magnox are currently progressing with their planned programme of Agency Worker hiring across all sites and welcome your application. However, in response to the Coronavirus outbreak we will only be arranging interviews by video and conference call and anticipate some delay in application feedback.
We are also able to confirm your Offer Acceptance, Security Clearance and other required onboarding checks although the arrangement of confirmed contract start dates is likely to be delayed until the current pause of normal site activities is lifted. Thank you for your patience