Apply for this job
||Senior Ventilation Engineer
||300.00-365.00 GBP per day
The purpose of the post is to manage and deliver the engineering process
The Job Holder will provide technical oversight and engineering quality.
The Job Holder will:
- Control and develop technical engineering strategies, plans and procedures.
- Design and evaluate the technical governance of projects.
- Establish and maintain Design Authority arrangements.
- Undertake project governance roles as required.
- Develop an effective technical organisation to manage fit for purpose engineering design and safety project delivery in support of the Site Performance Plan.
- Identify resource requirements to deliver engineering tasks.
- Identify, validate and approve engineering solutions for projects.
- Manage the preparation, approval and issue of technical specifications.
- Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
- Develop and execute an engineering and safety case delivery strategy, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Support the project in the delivery of projects/programmes of work and sanction approvals.
- Validate the completion of activities to ensure compliance with procedures, legislation and quality standards.
- Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
- Support investigations with regard to specific engineering discipline.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
- Manage the client’s staff as a Line Manager
Essential & Desirable Skills
- 10 Years experience in Nuclear Ventilation Design and Specification
- Experience of vent flow modelling software, preferably PIPENET
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Formal qualifications in Ventilation or a related subject
Degree in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Incorporated Engineers
*Closing date: Monday 16th March 2020*
Overtime rates do not apply
Additional information about the process
Title: Senior Ventilation Engineer
Salary: £300 - £365 Limited (In scope of IR35)
Job Type: 12 Months contract
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.com
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.