Apply for this job
||Senior Environmental Advisor
||300.00-365.00 GBP per day
Position: Senior Environmental Advisor
Rate: £300 - £365 per day LTD
Job Type: Contract determined inside IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753 221031
The purpose of the post is to provide environmental support to DSRL that promotes and documents compliance with environmental legislation and adherence to the environmental safety strategy
The Job Holder is responsible for deploying the site’s environmental safety strategy and delivering environmental advice to projects site-wide.
The Job Holder will:
• Support the implementation of improvements in the Environmental Management System. Act as a key stakeholder in a range of environmental processes, including DMRs, HAZOPs, UNOR investigations to implement management systems, standards and procedures.
• Coordinate the provision of environmental advice to facilities and project teams.
• Coordinate and produce environmental documentation in line with legislative and project requirements, including aspects assessments, BPM assessments and environmental support files.
• Coordinate and provide specialist environmental support to interface with SEPA on behalf of facilities and project teams.
• Review and report on the efficacy of environmental arrangements and resources in their area.
• Establish and report on internal checks and protocols for the environmental arrangements in their area.
• Participate in arrangements for the sharing of environmental knowledge and support to other site environmental specialists.
• Mentor environmental advisors on issues of continuing professional development, matters relating to regulatory compliance and environmental issues.
• Produce and deliver site and plant specific environment process and awareness training.
• Coordinate and deliver specified tasks from the CNO improvement plan.
• Coordinate technical secretarial support to relevant environmental committees.
• Represent DSRL at internal and external forums.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Be appointed to RWA Corporate Body.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• IEMA or equivalent membership required.
• Minimum of 5 years Environmental Advisor experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years Nuclear/Industrial experience required.
• Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with Stakeholders.
• Interpret and understand Environmental Regulations and management system requirements to provide appropriate advice to facilities and project teams.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision when producing environmental documentation in line with legislative and project requirements, including aspects assessments, BPM assessments and environmental support files.
• Demonstrate experience of managing specialist people and ideally teams.
• Degree in Environmental Studies or equivalent qualification plus experience.
Additional information about the process
Closing Date: Friday 6 March 2020
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business