Apply for this job
||220.00-300.00 GBP per day
Position: Environmental Advisor
Rate: £220 - £300 per day LTD
Job Type: Contract determined inside IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753 221031
The purpose of the post is to provide environmental support to DSRL to promote and document compliance with environmental legislation and adherence to the environmental safety strategy.
The Job Holder is responsible for delivering environmental advice on compliance requirements and the site’s environmental safety strategy and preparing documentation for DSRL site and projects.
The Job Holder will:
• Implement improvements in the Environmental Management System.
• Act as a key stakeholder in a range of environmental processes, including DMRs, HAZOPs, UNOR investigations, to implement management systems, standards and procedures.
• Provide environmental advice to facilities and project teams.
• Produce environmental documentation in line with legislative and project requirements, including aspects assessments, BPM assessments and environmental support files.
• Provide specialist environmental support to interface with SEPA on behalf of facilities and project teams.
• Review the efficacy of environmental arrangements and resources in their area.
• Undertake internal checks for the environmental arrangements in their area.
• Participate in arrangements for the sharing of environmental knowledge and support to other site environmental specialists.
• Deliver site and plant specific environment process and awareness training.
• Deliver specified tasks from the CNO improvement plan.
• Provide technical secretarial support to relevant environmental committees.
• Represent DSRL at internal forums.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Be appointed to RWA Corporate Body.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Minimum of 3 years Environmental Operations experience.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant Nuclear Environmental experience.
• Associate IEMA desirable.
• HND in Environmental Studies or equivalent qualification plus experience.
• SC security clearance will be required.
Additional information about the process
Closing Date: Friday 6 March 2020
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business