Apply for this job
||Senior Environmental Specialists X 2
||300.00-365.00 GBP per day
Position: Senior Environmental Specialist x 2
Rate: £300 - £365 per day LTD
Job Type: Contract determined inside IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753 221031
The purpose of the post is to provide experienced environmental professionals to execute the environmental closure & demolition organisation programme of work.
The Job Holder will be responsible for performing and directing environmental activities and document delivery throughout the project lifecycle.
The Job Holder will:
• Support the development of implementation of the environmental management processes & standards, within the Dounreay Integrated Management System are appropriate to deliver the environmental characterisation, remediation and restoration requirements.
• Interact with internal and external stakeholders and regulators on environmental monitoring and closure issues.
• Provide advice & guidance to the Dounreay site on the implementation of environment management processes and standards with respect to site closure and achieving the contracted IES requirements.
• Support development of sanction documents and business plans.
• Deliver the integrated site clean-up and closure programme to achieve IES.
• Manage and review the environmental data sets.
• Support the project manager in the day-to-day delivery of tasks and problem solving.
• Produce and mentor others in the production of technical reports, specifications, documentation and assessments.
• Represent DSRL at internal and external forums as delegated.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post. Be appointed to the RWA Corporate Body.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Minimum of 5 years Nuclear/Industrial experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years Environmental experience required.
• Degree in Science/Engineering/Business or equivalent qualification plus experience.
• To manage the review of the Dounreay End State BPEO.
• To implement changes and improvements identified during the review.
• Manage generic BPMs in support of the implementation of the Dounreay End State BPEO.
• Lead the process for optimisation of the Dounreay End State at a tactical level.
• SC security clearance will be required.
Additional information about the process
Closing Date: Friday 6 March 2020
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business