Apply for this job
||Assistant Project Manager
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||40.00-40.00 GBP per hour
Position: Assistant Project Manager
Salary: 40 p/h Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: email@example.com / 07824 362482
Assistant Project Manager required to be based at the off site test facility. Would suit a graduate with 2+ years projects experience. A great opportunity to work across a range of projects and broaden your Project Management experience.
To be responsible for the delivery of tasks / sub-projects (which form part of a wider project scope) to the requirements set out in the over-arching project quality plan; to meet safety & security standards & requirements; to time, cost and quality, and to achieve customer satisfaction.
Knowledge and Experience
Good understanding of project delivery fundamentals, e.g. APM project management methodologies, etc., and (ideally) experience of implementation in a project delivery situation.
Be actively pursuing further education opportunities, or experience based learning, to improve knowledge and understanding of project delivery processes, procedures and tools, and with a view to working towards Project Manager grade.
(Ideal but not essential) Demonstrate experience of successfully delivering tasks / projects of low complexity and risk, and in the value range £0-£100,000, to a defined scopes and/or set of objectives.
Demonstration of safe track record in delivery and achieve accreditation in IOSH working Safely (Ideal but not essential).
Required Skills and Qualfications
Part qualified leading to Project Management professional qualification (ie. Diploma APM, IPMA Level D)
Knowledge of (or experienced in the use of) typical IT based project reporting; planning and tracking software packages, e.g. Microsoft Office/Project/Agresso
Ability to think analytically with some level of commercial / financial awareness.
1. Provision of task related reporting to the Senior / Project Manager as required to provide regular updates on status, risks, opportunities and/or matters for escalation.
2. Safe and secure delivery of task / project scope to budget and programme.
3. Provision of project financial performance information including projected spends, actuals Vs planned, earned value, and estimate at complete out-turn costs.
4. Management of project risks and risk mitigation through liaison with PMA Project Controls function.
5. Ensuring adequate Health Safety & Security (HS&S) supervision is in place at all times in all locations where work is being carried out
6. Effective control and management of change within the project.
7. Provide assistance to Project Managers with regards to capturing of minutes, key actions, updates, and following up on key issues on their behalf and as required.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business