Apply for this job
||Senior CE&I Engineer
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||40.00-43.00 GBP per hour
Senior CE&I Engineer
Rate: £43 PAYE or Umbrella (Inside scope of IR35)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / email@example.com
We are currently recruiting for a Senior CE&I Engineer to work on a contract basis at a nuclear facility near Preston.
The role will typically involve supervision of other design engineers and draughting resources to deliver engineering design packages to the required time, cost and quality and personally undertake some of the more complex design tasks as required. This is still a hands on role though and the right candidate will need to provide specialist engineering advice within the discipline.
Please note that the intermediaries legislation applies to this engagement (Inscope of IR35) and as such the client stipulates that the successful candidate would be required to work on a PAYE or Umbrella company basis only.
• Production of complex design deliverables (e.g. drawings, reports or calculations)
• Support the dissemination of LFE.
• Supervises the output of typically up to 5 engineers
• Provide specialist advice and guidance for engineering services to internal/external customers
• Keep abreast of technology developments and Contribute to the economic design of systems and equipment
• Oversee the work of others and develop the skills and abilities of others for the benefit of the company
• Lead in the development and application of appropriate technical and managerial processes and systems in his/her work area.
• Organise, supervise, monitor and develop the team to deliver successful outputs
• Identify major technical uncertainties and refer them for decision by higher authority
• Comply with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and processes applicable to the role advising engineers within own discipline.
• Close working relationships with other sites is required which necessitates regular travel to those sites (dependent upon project).
• May be required to adopt the ‘Lead Engineer’ role on projects where the majority of the work is within their discipline.
• Use of sub-contractors to deliver design packages under supervision of a senior engineer is a normal requirement.
Skills & Experience:
Familiar with UK and EU legislation applicable to the discipline
Familiar with national and international codes, specifications and standards.
Familiar with engineering design stages and processes (design reviews, HAZOPs)
Knowledge of relevant Site License Conditions and how they apply to engineering design
Knowledge of relevant site-specific engineering standards and guides
Graduate (min 2:2) in relevant engineering discipline with typically more than 4 years design/project office experience.
Lower professional qualification e.g. BTEC typically gained through apprenticeship) with typically 4-8 years design office experience.
Preferred - Chartered engineer status
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.